To design your data sheet, click on the title of the program under “Your programs” on your Dashboard. Then click on “Add a data sheet” under “Data sheets”.
To change the design of an existing data sheet, click on the title of the program under “Your programs” on your Dashboard. Click on the title of the data sheet you want to change under “Data sheets”. Then click on the three grey dots in the upper right corner, and select “Edit columns”.
The data sheet designer is easy to use and offers a flexible way of customizing your data sheet. Provide a name of your data sheet and you can start designing the columns.
Design your data sheet by using one or more of the column types. The different column types are:
- Text: The content of the column will be text e.g. names, systems, or area.
- Number: The content of the column will be a number e.g. budgeted value, expected value, or realized value.
After selecting the type of the column, you will have to provide a name, and choose if the data in the column will be “Unique key” or “Grouping”. It is also possible to get a summary of the column. At least one of your columns have to be “Unique key”, and at least one have to be “Grouping”.
- Required: Check this box if you want to make sure that there are no blank cells.
- Unique key: Each row will have to be unique, meaning that one or several columns in combination will result in a unique row e.g. account number, employee number, or department number
- Grouping: How you want to group or delegate your data e.g. person responsible, area, or department. This is used when creating a control and you want to assign users to different parts of the data sheet.
The design is simple to adjust, you can adjust the columns by clicking on the three grey dots, and selecting “Move up”, “Move down”, “Copy”, or “Delete”.
Save your data sheet by clicking on “Save and edit data”.